South Argentina Excursion Description:
Since 2010, nobody’s been doing south like OvRride! Looking to head south? In August we go so far south, it’s still winter. Join us down in Bariloche for some summer snow set in the beautiful Patagonia region of Argentina. We’ll be riding and skiing at Cerro Catedral ski resort where you’ll find a mix of epic mountain terrain, mellow powder rollers, downtown restaurants, nightclubs, and a happening local scene. New for 2015 is the option to add a Backcountry Snowmobile Ski/Ride day tour at nearby Mailin Alto.
This is truly the most friendly foreign destination OvRride travels to with the best mix of on and off the snow options. One of the highlights is spending a Saturday day & night in the Argentine capital city, Buenos Aires. We’ll be staying in the chic neighbourhood of Palermo and exploring sights throughout Buenos Aires during our afternoon walking tour, hitting a traditional Argentine dinner and experiencing the legendary Argentine nightlife… Make sure you get some sleep on the plane!
The high USD cash exchange rate versus the Argentine peso helps you get more bang for your buck using cash at local bars and restaurants in Buenos Aires and Bariloche.
Ride South America’s best powder… thru bamboo… while condors fly overhead. It’s Summer Upside-down!!!
Our large comfy and spacious private apartments couldn’t be any closer, located right at the base of Catedral to make it easy to come and go as you please. These apartments also have large full kitchens, offering the option to cooking during our stay. With large private decks facing Catedral and Lake Nahuel Huapi, you’ll be sure to catch some epic vistas, sunsets and sunrises.
This trip and all our trips are for all levels of abilities and experience. If you are a pure beginner or low intermediate and would like to come on the trip we can also organize group or private lessons at an extra cost. If you have a friend or partner that is a non skier or snowboarder that would like to come, we can arrange non riding activities and will still enjoy so much of what Argentina has to offer. The experience of enjoying South America is certainly not limited to riding or skiing ability.
South Argentina Excursion Includes:
• Roundtrip Airfare from NYC to/from Bariloche, Chile (Through Buenos Aires)
• Lodging for the entire trip in Buenos Aires & Bariloche
• Guided Day City Tour of Buenos Aires
• 5 Days Lift Tickets at Bariloche Ski Resort
• On snow bilingual local guide for Bariloche, riding at the pace of advanced riders (beginners and intermediates won’t need a guide as you’ll likely be staying on resort)
• Bilingual local Host to go out with to experience the nightlife in Bariloche
• 1 Nights out in Buenos Aires (nightlife and cultural center of Argentina) strategically set on Saturday evening. We’ll get to check out the local culture after dark enjoying the spectrum of Buenos Aires beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
• A full bodied South American cultural experience with some of the worlds best skiing & riding
Possible Extra Tours
• Half-day Boat Trip leaving Llao Llao area, to/from Isla Victoria & Arrayanes Forest
• Full-day Patagonia Backcountry Snowmobile Towing & Riding/Skiing Experience in Mailin Alto
• Snowmobile Tour Overnight in Mailin Alto at Mountain Tent Dome (includes dinner, breakfast & drinks)
South Argentina Excursion Rates:
Deposit of $999.95 Reserves Any Package
(Late Signup Rates May Apply, Limited Space at These Rates)
No Airfare Package
Balance Payment 1 (Due May 1st)
Balance Payment 2 (Due June 1st)
South Argentina Excursion Flight Times:
(All flight times, and transportation are subject to change up until 30 days before there trip)
Transportation includes shuttles in Argentina to take us to and from the airports and in between destinations.
We will be organizing a shuttle to and from Midtown NYC and JFK Airport, based on demand, to help make our check-in as smooth as possible.
NYC–> SCL, Santiago Friday August 12th
• Flight Departs LAN Flight #533 JFK Airport, NYC 8:00pm (Be at the airport at 5:30pm latest) –>
• Arriving at 7:30am Saturday August 15th in Santiago, Chile.
SCL, Santiago–> EZE, Buenos Aires Saturday August 13th
• Flight Departs LAN Flight #449 SCL Airport, Santiago, Chile 8:25am–>
• Arriving at 10:35am in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Private Bus Transfer will be set up for transit from airport –> Hotel.
EZE, Buenos Aires –> BRC, Bariloche Sunday August 14th
• Private Bus Transfer will be set up for transit from Hotel –> EZE Airport
• Depart EZE Airport LAN Flight #4384 1:45pm –> Arriving at BRC Airport in Bariloche 4:10pm Sunday afternoon August 16th. Private Bus Transfer will be set up for transit from airport –> Hotel.
BRC, Bariloche –> EZE, Buenos Aires Saturday August 20th
• Private Bus Transfer will be set up for transit from Hotel –> BRC Airport
• Flight Departs LAN Flight #4383 BRC Airport, Bariloche 10:35am –>
• Arriving at 12:34pm in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
EZE, Buenos Aires–> NYC Saturday August 20th
• Depart EZE Airport LAN Flight #532 6:20pm –> Arriving at JFK Airport in NYC 8:45am Sunday morning August 23rd.
*All flights and times are subject to change due availability at the time of booking.