South Chile Excursion Description:
This trip has it all, combining a Chilean wine tour experience in Los Andes, the big city culture of Santiago, a day at Portillo Ski Resort (Backcountry Snow Cat day at Ski Arpa substitution also available) and a train ride through the countryside down south to the lesser known Nevados de Chillan ski area. While we say “lesser known” Nevados has been known for years to international pros who have filmed for years at this South American gem appreciating it’s best yearly average snowfalls in South America. New for 2015 is the option to add on 1-2 days of Heli Boarding or Skiing while at Nevados De Chillan with Rocanegra Heli.
With 2 volcanoes at the top of the resort, trees runs, endless natural wind lips, cornices and big bowls, people often refer Nevados as a snow skate park!!! Unique as well are the natural hot springs located at the base of the ski resort that we’ll be sure to hit up. The picturesque small mountain town (only 1 street) of Las Trancas is surrounded by tons of nature such as large trees and waterfalls, not to mention some of the best sunsets in the world. Some might refer to it as a South American ski bum town, we refer to it as a real deal, rustic, South America ski town where ski bums are welcome!
This trip and all our trips are for all levels of abilities and experience. If you are a pure beginner or low intermediate and would like to come on the trip we can also organize group or private lessons at an extra cost. If you have a friend or partner that is a non skier or snowboarder that would like to come, we can arrange non riding activities and will still enjoy so much of what Chile has to offer. The experience of enjoying South America is certainly not limited to riding or skiing ability.
Ready to commit to Week 2 Southern Chile? If you have the time and can come earlier, why not join us for Week 1 in Northern Chile and do the combo trip July 13th-22nd. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
South Chile Excursion Includes:
• Roundtrip Airfare from NYC to/from Santiago, Chile
• Lodging for the entire trip in Santiago, Las Trancas, and Los Andes
• Guided Day City Tour of Santiago with option of Café Con Piernas (which means Coffee with Legs) WTF you say? Just another reason to come down & find out
• 3 Days Lift Tickets at Nevados De Chillan Resort & Optional 1day at Portillo Ski Resort or SNOWCAT Backcountry Trip at Ski Arpa with transportation provided (additional cost)
• Access to world famous natural Chilean hot springs (additional cost)
• On snow bilingual local guide for Nevados De Chillan and Ski Arpa, riding at the pace of advanced riders (beginners and intermediates won’t need a guide as you’ll likely be staying on resort)
• Tour of Chilean vineyard and wine tasting near town of Los Andes
• All breakfasts for trip’s entirety
• Bilingual local Host to go out with to experience the nightlife in Santiago & Las Trancas.
• Night out in Santiago in the Bellavista Region (nightlife and cultural center of Chile) strategically set on a Friday evening. We’ll get to check out the local culture after dark enjoying the spectrum of Santiago from beer-by-the-liter & plastic tables, to fine dining & glasses of local artisan wine.
• A full bodied South American cultural experience with some of the worlds best skiing & riding
Possible Extra Tours
• 1 Day Backcountry CAT Tour at Ski Arpa
• Rocanegra Heli Boarding and Skiing at Nevados de Chillan, 3 runs
• Snowmobile Tour at Nevados de Chillan, 2 Hours
• 1 Run Snowcat at Nevados de Chillan, 1.5 hours
South Chile Excursion Rates:
Deposit of $999.95 Reserves Any Package
(Late Signup Rates May Apply, Limited Space at These Rates)
No Airfare Package
Balance Payment 1 (Due May 10th)
Balance Payment 2 (Due June 10th)
South Chile Excursion Flight Times:
(All flight times, and transportation are subject to change up until 30 days before there trip)
Transportation includes shuttles in Chile to take us to and from the airport and in between destinations.
We will be organizing a shuttle to and from Midtown NYC and JFK Airport, based on demand, to help make our check-in as smooth as possible.
NYC–> SCL, Santiago Wednesday July 15th
• Flight Departs LAN Flight #533 JFK Airport, NYC 8:00pm (Be at the airport at 5:30pm latest) –>
• Arriving at approx. 7:30am in Santiago, Chile Thursday July 14th. Private Bus Transfer will be set up for transit from airport –> Hotel.
SCL, Santiago –> NYC, Thursday July 21st
• Private Bus Transfer departing hotel at 12:30pm (Don’t be late) –> SCL Airport
• Depart SCL Airport LAN Flight (operated by TAM) #8027 4:45pm –> Arriving at GRU Airport in Sao Paulo, Brazil 8:35pm (2 hour, 25 min Layover for Dinner Time)
• Depart GRU Airport LAN Flight (operated by TAM) #8080 11:00pm –> Arriving at JFK Airport in NYC 8:00am Friday morning July 22nd.
*All flights and times are subject to change due availability at the time of booking.